Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corrupt call center workers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

Corrupt call center workers selling your private information for pennies

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/03/22/corrupt-call-center-workers-selling-your-private-information-for-pennies/?utm_source=Naked+Security+-+Sophos+List&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=5c00d50372-naked%252Bsecurity

What a surprise with wages so low there.
Sooner or later I expect that outsourcing will end up costing someone a lot of money, make money for the lawyers and put the company into bankruptcy.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

I recently uninstalled Avast 7 free AV which I have been using & recommending since v4 largely because it just became too busy/ambitious/bloated/resource hungry...etc... but the final nail in their coffin was the recent iYogi Fubar-ness/fiasco

https://blog.avast.com/2012/03/15/iyogi-support-service-removed/
We had initial reports of this behavior a few weeks ago and met with iYogi's senior executives to ensure the behavior was being corrected. Thus, we were shocked to find out about Mr. Krebs' experience. As a consequence, we have removed the iYogi support service from our website and shortly it will be removed from our products. We believe that this type of service, when performed in a correct manner, provides immense value to users. As such, over the next weeks, we will work with iYogi to determine whether the service can be re-launched.

That they're actually considering still using this service speaks volumes to me about their (Avast's) business model/marketing strategy. Buh bye Avast, hello M$E

My parting shot to Avast/iYogi.

Edited by Union_Thug, 24 March 2012 - 04:49 AM.

#3 Sani-T-Capt1

Sani-T-Capt1

• Members
  • 559 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

That they're actually considering still using this service speaks volumes to me about their (Avast's) business model/marketing strategy. Buh bye Avast, hello M$E

My parting shot to Avast/iYogi.

Way to go Union_Thug..... I would've said "less than zero" wasn't an option :thumbup2: :thumbup2:

Edited by Sani-T-Capt1, 28 March 2012 - 05:39 PM.

Either We Learn to Live Together as People, Or Die Apart as Fools !

Ignorance ISN'T Bliss, It's Just "IGNORANCE"!!

#4 19Missy58

19Missy58

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

Very interesting...

Last year I had the 'free' Avast and that is also when I got infected with 'System Tool'. I still have Avast, but its the paid version now, at least for a year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users