Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BIOS question...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mjl1297

mjl1297

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

I recently upgraded the BIOS on my Asus M4N82 Deluxe MB and it seems the Asus splash screen displays an inordinately long time now. It eventually goes on to the American Megatrends BIOS load screen and all boots well but I was wondering if there were a way in the BIOS to shorten this splash screen display time? On the positive side it does give me plenty of time to hit Del and enter the setup but it's a bit overkill.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

Hi,

After the Bios upgrade. Did you do a reset of the CMOS and then redo any customizations such AHCI on or off?

Sometimes that can help.

Was thee any reason to upgrade the bios? My philosophy is let sleeping dogs lie and of course it it ain't broke don't fix.

I cannot recall ever upgrading a Bios on my computer systems. Going back to the 8088 CPU days.

I did upgrade a motherboard for someone I knew. That was only so that the CPU they bought off of Ebay could work with the Motherboard with a really old bios also off of Ebay.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 mjl1297

mjl1297
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:34 AM

Yes I made some updates to my box recently that benefitted from a BIOS upgrade. Apart from that I typically adhere to your "let sleeping dogs lie" philosophy regarding BIOS upgrades. In 10+ years of tinkering with computers this is only the second or third time I've done a BIOS flash.

I did not reset the CMOS however after the flash. I was wondering if there might be something as simple as an on screen delay parameter since the BIOS affords you the opportunity to customise the graphic it displays on the splash screen. If there is such a thing I've yet to see it. It could be there mind you and I'm just overlooking it. Wouldn't be the first time... :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users