Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Homework Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:41 PM

Heres the question:
Unplug the keyboard from your computer while it is turned off. Then power up your system. During the POST boot up diagnostic tests, one of the devices tested is the keyboard. What message appears to alert the user to the keyboard problem? If you plug the keyboard back in, will the system recover without rebooting? If necessary, plug your keyboard back in and reboot.

This is a really easy question. I cannot solve it right now because I do not have a computer, I have a laptop. I just need to know what the answer is to the first question. I already know the other answer.

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:56 PM

I don't know the exact error message off the top of my head... but you will get a message saying something along these lines:

Keyboard Failure...... Pres F1 to contine

Also I know for most computers you need to restart the computer (unless USB) for the computer to recognize it.

#3 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:59 PM

I have my mouse plugged in USB and it will not recognize it unless you restart the laptop.

#4 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:35 PM

Another question How do you determine what Bus architecture is being used? I'm taking a Help Desk class and it says use my OS Utilites to find the answers. I'm not finding the answers for some of them.

#5 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:46 PM

Getting your homework done for you? :thumbsup:

Look in Device Manager under System Devices.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#6 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:56 PM

Well I wouldn't have a problem with the keyboard if I actually had a desktop. As for the bus architect I ended up looking online for my laptop to see what I had. It ended up being a PCI which was staring me right in the face. I've already looked in the device manager but I just had no clue where to look for it in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users