Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:36 PM

hi-one time i was doing some work and then all of a sudden the computer turns off then turns off. i happend three times in two hours. i took it to the local computer store and he left it running over night and nothing happened...so i took i home and it happened again...what could be causing this?
-thanks so much

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:52 PM

Probably overheating.

#3 Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:56 PM

Is your power cord in good condition? Not firmly inserted at the PC end?
Did the system just die or did it shut down? Is there anything in the Event Log?
What was running at the time?
What wattage is the power supply? What age is the system? Has the CMOS battery been replaced?
What other information can you offer?

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users