Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saying Hello

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GayleK

GayleK

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

Just wanted to stop in and say thank you to Bleeping Computer. My daughter's laptop got infected with the System Fix virus and through a Google search I discovered that is what happened after thinking her computer crashed. There was a message from someone who told what the virus was with a link to Bleeping Computer to fix the virus. Took me from 8 to midnight last night, but I managed to clear her laptop of the virus and downloaded the malware to keep it away. You made us both very happy. Thanks again.
Gayle

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SweetTech

SweetTech

Agent ST

• Members
  • 13,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

Hi Gayle!

Welcome to BleepingComputer! :welcome:

We're so glad to have you join us! Glad to hear that you were able to get a grip on the nasty piece of malware, and get it removed! We hope to see you stick around and pop in the various forums from time to time!

Warmest Regards,
SweetTech.

Have I helped you? If you'd like to assist in the fight against malware, click here Posted Image

The instructions seen in this post have been specifically tailored to this user and the issues they are experiencing with their computer. If you think you have a similar problem, please first read this topic, and then begin your own, new thread. I do not offer private support via Private Message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users