Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System hang

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Grinder86

Grinder86

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

It seem my computer is running much slower recently. When I try to edit a file with Notepad++ the system hangs. And can't ctrl alt del out of it so I end up having to do a hard reboot. It tends to take longer to boot after that. I don't know if its because of the hard reboot or just because my computer is running crappy. I've run Malwarebytes and avast. I have also run disk cleanup. Any ideas? Let me know if you need more info. Its a Dell Inspiron, about 2 years old, with an AMD Athlon II 2.2 3GB RAM and a 320 HD w/ 207GB free. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 alexsmith2709

alexsmith2709

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

Does it happen when you try and open notepad++ normally or is it just when you right click a file and choose "edit with notepad++"?
When exactly does it happen? Is it when saving, typing to edit the file or when notepad++ is loading?

#3 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

You could run Dell 32-bit Diagnostics at computer start-up just to rule out any hardware issues. Run the Extended tests.

Regards,
Brooks

#4 Grinder86

Grinder86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

I uninstalled Notepad++ and everything works fine now. So I'm assuming its an application issue. Thanks for the input. And it was only happening when I right click the file and "edit with notepad".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users