Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microphone Auto Adjust

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 enchantingsylph

enchantingsylph

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

Is there any way to make my computer stop adjusting my mic levels for me? Any program that I use to communicate via microphone has this issue. I have removed the option to allow applications to take control. I use skype and the google chat phone service most. I turned off the auto adjust option within skype. I use a cheap USB headset, and it didn't have any software that came with it. I am pretty convinced Windows 7 is a control freak and won't let me decide my mic volume at this point. Is there anything I can do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:02 AM

Sound Properties - Communications tab. This option is when Windows detects communication activities.

Tekken

#3 enchantingsylph

enchantingsylph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

That option is set to do nothing. Although, I'm pretty sure that only reduces speaker volumes of my other programs when activated. My problem is that my microphone levels are adjusting up and down during the duration of all calls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users