Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Find response to query ???

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 btj

btj

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

Hi Folks;

I posted my problem with my Wife's Windows 7 Acer Aspire 5551 Laptop yesterday eve., checked for any responses on my mobile today, & somebody kindly had.
Thought I'd wait & go through it properly when home, with said Laptop, now the site isn't showing I had any responses, & I can't access the post either !!!!???

Please excuse me, it's probably my fault ??? Is it me ???

Luckily I saved it, so I'll post it again, if somebody could please correct 'the error of my ways' ????

Bemused & confused;

btj :huh:

Hi folks;

I'm btj a Bleepingcomputer newbie !, & hoping somebody can help me out please !!!!!!

My wife's Acer Laptop crashed after a Windows 7 Microsoft Update !
After a fashion, (after attempting F8 on startup, & Alt+F10 on startup, all to no avail :huh: ) I pressed F2 when starting, changed the 'Boot From' order, & managed to run the Recovery Disc's (that I made with that same computer when 1st purchased).
They appeared to run ok, concluded, I clicked on Finish, as requested. The Logo appeared, as did the 'loading bar' for approx. 5 secs, only to revert back to the Windows Error Recovery Screen !!!!!! (attempted x3) So close, yet so far !!!!
1) I haven't got a Windows 7 Disc, only, as tends to be the norm when buying a computer these days, the Recovery Discs you create yourself !
2) I cant access to choose my Language settings !
3) Or access the 'repair your computer' option !

Using any of the 'other options' :- They start to load................................only to revert to the WER Screen !

Initially after installing the update, the screen showed Windows couldn't start because of a 'Boot Configuration Data Error File \Boot\BCD Status oxc000000F', which disappeared after running the Recovery Discs.

I use AVG Antivirus & Spywareblaster.

Run CCleaner then System Ninja occasionally.

These have been on the Laptop from the beginning, as has Commodo Time Machine (which when I run each restore point only get to 64%, then reverts to the WER Screen.)

All the above have had NO conflicts, nor caused any issues.

I would imagine I'm not the first person to have had this problem ?

All help will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,

btj :lmao:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic447111.html/page__p__2638769#entry2638769

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

For future reference here is how to find your previous posts/topics:

Look on the top right-hand corner of any BC page. Youw will see your name. Click the drop down arrow next to your name.

Choose My Content.

You will see a list of all topics you have replied in or started. If you have a lot of posts, it may be cumbersone to find the one you want if it is a topic you started.

In that case click the drop down arrow next to View all topics (your name) has posted in or started and choose View all topics (your name) has started. Click Update.

#4 btj

btj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

Thanks very much for your Kind support folks, all trial & error, as you may see, I did eventually find the responses going through Members, & putting my name in that way, but the above advice makes it easier still !

Cheers Guys :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users