Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard & Drivers?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Konfliict

Konfliict

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

Hello, I'm building a PC for gaming, and a question I had about the motherboard is what comes on it? Will it have usb, Ethernet, sound card drives or do I need to gather them separately? And if so could I use driver pieces from a other motherboard if it is applicable with the one I am going to buy?

Thanks for the help :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 diggi

diggi

• Members
  • 335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

The motherboard comes with drivers for usb, ide, sata, ethernet, onboard sound, onboard graphics etc
If you are buying used you might have to go to manuf. website to download appropriate drivers for your operating system and specific motherboard.

If you are using discrete sound, video, NIC, sata cards etc use those supplied with those items or download latest drivers from manufacturers site

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

Actually, you don't need to load the drivers from the manufacturers site or use the CD. Windows will install most drivers automatically, but if it cannot determine the needed driver, or if it isn't available to Microsoft for whatever reason, you will be notified by the OS. With most drivers, it's a good idea to leave them alone unless there is some kind of issue, the exception to this is the graphics card driver.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users