Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Dell N5110 Laptop Network Hijacked?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 AudioWave80

AudioWave80

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:13 AM

I suspect my new Dell N5110 laptop's network has been Hijacked? Files seem to change names on their own and appear out of nowhere. Scipting seems to be involved. Need help or I'm thinking it might possibly better to just somehow clean install? with this prefab setup from Best Buy not even sure if a clean install is possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. i've also followed the MajorGeeek's sites' instructions on malware removal and am posting here as well for an even more thorough if not over-the-top set of cans and logs for your staff to decipher and utilize in assisting me. (extra scan logs: hijackthis.log, mbamlog.txt file, and also my Super Anti-Spyware lof file). Thanks in advance. -AW80

*my GMER.exe program will only allow me to check -services, registry, files, C:\, and ads boxes only for some reason.

Attached Files

Edited by Audio80, 22 March 2012 - 08:04 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Malware Removal Logs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

Good evening. :)

I'm thinking it might possibly better to just somehow clean install?

If there is a possibility that your PC has been compromised to the extent that you think, i'd be reformatting as a priority. The potential harm that could be done with this level of access makes it the only sensible option i'm afraid.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

#3 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

As this issue appears to have been resolved, this thread is now closed.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users