Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's your favorite thing to do or game to play whenever you're bored on the computer?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 CreepahWeegie

CreepahWeegie

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

I'm usually found on Youtube or 9gag to pass the time on the internet.

For games, I usually range from a lot of games, more on the classic side: (Diablo I and II, Postal 2, Mari0, Garry's Mod).

So, what do you guys do on your spare time on the interwebs or what games do you like to play?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 castoffpolite

castoffpolite

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

LBreakout2 I like pong type games and this one presents a challenge. I like it.

#3 Galyn

Galyn

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

If i'm bored with the PC, I turn it off. I play outside instead or play console games. :thumbup2:

#4 Alumar

Alumar

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

If I feel bored. I stare at my face in the mirrow for 3 hours straight. Run up and down the stairs too..

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

I am an admin on this forum. Bored and Computer are two words that cannot be used together in a sentence that applies to me. :whistle:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 castoffpolite

castoffpolite

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

lol Animal, so true.

I don't turn my machine off, I just turn off the internet and go outside or do house work, laundry, walk the dogs, count blades of grass, look for the beginnings of new life in my veg garden, or look at the birds through the binoculars. I don't ever turn my machine off unless I have to physically move it. Restarts, yes when required.

My boredom comes from writers block most of the time.

#7 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

Im rarely bored, and even when I am bored like I was today, I went out and worked on my lawn, I love the outdoors. Though, probably my favorite thing to do on the computer is game-right now its primarily COD mw3, and occasionally Battlefield 3. I also enjoy being active on forums like this as well as christian forums.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#8 wharrrrrgarbl

wharrrrrgarbl

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

I keep Football Manager 2012 running in a window whilst browsing the net. While I'm waiting for it to load I look at bleep on Cracked or youtube or something. It's not the most action-packed game ever but it's really immersive/addictive when you get into it, and it doesn't need to be paused or anything, you can just leave it there/come back when you feel like it. I wish there were other games with that type of gameplay that you could run in a window/whilst doing other things.

#9 Deli Worker

Deli Worker

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

I copy videos to my hard drive not because I'm bored. But because I 1) "cut the cable" and I go without cable and satellite TV 2) I like to view content minus the annoying commercial pitch 3) I'm a Video Librarian at heart 4) for many other reasons related to personal satisfaction. I run videos thru Windows Media Player in shuffle mode and it's one of life's greatest treasures with videos of my favorite subjects running without commercials one right after another. I have thousands copied to my hard drive. Lots and lots of YouTube videos, thousands of 'em. I find the process of copying videos addicting and enjoyable. Sometimes I joke to myself about putting them on a DVD and selling them on the black market Tony Soprano style. Cutting the cable was especially gratifying because of the occasional horrendous customer service rendered by Time Warner Cable Company and because it's nice to save $60 a month.

Edited by Deli Worker, 26 March 2012 - 05:46 PM.

#10 CodyP

CodyP

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

I just search youtube for funny videos, or go work out. Can't stand being bored.

#11 589661

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

I find myself browsing Cnet or Facebook when im waiting on something. Either that or studying for the virus that im about to remove, or find possible parts for the computer im about to work on using newegg.

#12 MegaDan5

MegaDan5

• Members
  • 214 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

More likely than anything, I'll be listening to music on Youtube or playing Diablo (which I am glad runs on Windows 7).

Edited by MegaDan5, 22 August 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#13 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

When I get bored while using the computer my favorite thing to do is log off, walk away from it and find something else to do.

#14 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

Rarely bored, usually you can find me in BC's Chat, ARFCOM keeps me occupied along with Gunbroker and other similar sights, Facebook, and World of Warcraft (I blame Gal for this last one.) This is when time permits which seems to happen less and less often now.

Posted Image

#15 Burney

Burney

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

I recently got back into backyard monsters on fb, but if I am at my home computer I play DIII or League of ledgends. LoL is like crack.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users