Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Memory

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kathy915

kathy915

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

I have a HP 1055CM Printer (it does blue prints). It keeps saying the memory is full. I do not save the prints anywhere - but it must be retaining them in a memory on the printer. I did some research on this and was told to change the system settingsby going to printing preferences, advanced, and then change from pinter to computer. This setting keeps defaulting back to printer. I was wondering if there was any way to clear the memory out of the printer. By going to computer, it has slowed down the printing process. I know you may not have experience with a blu - print printer but maybe it works the same as other printers.
Thank you
Kathy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

Can you please post the exact error message? Also where is the error message on the printer or the computer?
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 kathy915

kathy915
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

No error message on the computer. The error message is on the printer screen - it says "receiving ..... low memory" This occurs when I send the blue print to the printer to start printing.So it says it is receiving the information but there is low memory. There is no message when the printer starts up only when I need to print.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hi,
Maybe it is related to this?
From here
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpp02458&locale=en_US#A3
1 GB hard disk drive.

However the user manual says
Up to 128Mb dram and 2Gb hard disk.

maybe you just need to add more memory to bring it up to 128Mb, depending on what it installed now.

The user manual could show you how to check current capacity.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 22 March 2012 - 02:43 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#5 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

Usually when this is displayed on the printer it refects directly on the amount of memory that the printer has. The file you are sending is larger than the buffer the printer contains. Only the DIMMs are replaceable\upgradable on this model. I would check the memory amount first. If it is not at the maximum level of 128 MB then I would upgrade the DIMMs. Also keep in mind that HP often uses proprietary memory packages. This means that usually you are stuck purchasing the memory from them.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users