Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ATI M880G Driver causing laptop to die when unplugged

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 monkey1314

monkey1314

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

Hi all, im new here so if this is in the wrong place or ive not added enough details I'm sorry and please advice what else I need to add.

Here it goes, I have a Compaq running Windows 7 pro x64 which runs perfectly on power, but as soon as I unplug it from AC the laptop will freeze and the screen wil go white. The only fix is to hold the power down and restart.

In safe mode the laptop works fine unplugged and the laptop worked flawlesdsly in ubunutu on and off AC which is why I think its the ATI driver.

I have tried downloading the driver from HP's website, from AMD's website and also using windows updates all have the same problem and I've also up[dated my Bios to the latest available.

My Specs are:

Compaq CQ62-A25SA
CPU: AMD 2.20GHz V120
HDD: 250GB 7200rpm
RAM: 4GB Ram
VIDEO: ATI M880G Radeon 4250

Any help would be great thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

The system should be logging an event which you can view in Event Viewer. Could you please post any Event IDs which are prefixed with either a black exclamation mark inside a yellow warning triangle, or a white cross inside a red circle and which have taken place over the last couple of days.

To open Event Viewer, follow instructions here: How to open Event Viewer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users