Hi rev stew,
Welcome to BleepingComputer Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs Forum.
My name is sundavis, I will be helping you to deal with your Malware problems today.
Do you have XP Install Disk handy? We need to make a rescure CD if the following approach can't do the trick. or Can you borrow one? Advise me in your next time. Thanks.Step1
- Please downlaod PC Regedit bootable CD iso Here from a working computer.
- Place a blank CD in your CD-Rom to burn the iso to a bootable CD. If you need a free burner, please go to Here.
- Boot the sick computer using the boot CD you just created, and the computer must be set to boot from the CD first.
- For information click Here
- Please insert your bootable CD into CD/DVD rom and Restart your computer
- Navigate to the following filepath ---> config > SOFTWARE > root > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion > Winlogon
- Click on Winlogon and look for Shell in the right pane, right click on Shell and select Value edit.
- Note down the whole filepath on value box before editing the value, After that, replace the legit value Explorer.exe on the value box and Yes to the Save Change.
- Get the bootable CD out of CD/DVD rom and reboot normally. For more info: Here .
If you are able to bootup normally, please proceed the following step2 accordinglyStep2
- Please download OTL and save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
- Click the "Quick Scan" button.
- Two reports will open, OTListIt.txt <-- Will be opened and Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
- Copy and paste both logs back here in your next reply.
In your next reply, please post back:
1.The whole filepath on value box.
2.OTListIt.txt and Extra.txt
Let me know how things went.