Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pceu virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 rev stew

rev stew

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hi I have just picked up a pceu metropolitan police virus. This has locked up my pc. I have tried starting in safe mode but am unable to do so the pc keeps defaulting to the options screen and will only star windows normally!! Any ideas please!!

EDIT > Moved to Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs
Glo Mod boopme

Edited by boopme, 20 March 2012 - 09:33 PM.
moved to AII from XP. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sundavis

sundavis

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,708 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

Hi rev stew,

Welcome to BleepingComputer Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs Forum. :welcome:
My name is sundavis, I will be helping you to deal with your Malware problems today.

Do you have XP Install Disk handy? We need to make a rescure CD if the following approach can't do the trick. or Can you borrow one? Advise me in your next time. Thanks.

Step1

• Please downlaod PC Regedit bootable CD iso Here from a working computer.
  • Place a blank CD in your CD-Rom to burn the iso to a bootable CD. If you need a free burner, please go to Here.
  • Boot the sick computer using the boot CD you just created, and the computer must be set to boot from the CD first.
  • For information click Here
  • Please insert your bootable CD into CD/DVD rom and Restart your computer
  • Navigate to the following filepath ---> config > SOFTWARE > root > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion > Winlogon
  • Click on Winlogon and look for Shell in the right pane, right click on Shell and select Value edit.
  • Note down the whole filepath on value box before editing the value, After that, replace the legit value Explorer.exe on the value box and Yes to the Save Change.
  • Get the bootable CD out of CD/DVD rom and reboot normally. For more info: Here .

If you are able to bootup normally, please proceed the following step2 accordingly

Step2

• Please download OTL and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon on your desktop.
  • Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
  • Click the "Quick Scan" button.
  • Two reports will open, OTListIt.txt <-- Will be opened and Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
  • Copy and paste both logs back here in your next reply.

In your next reply, please post back:

1.The whole filepath on value box.
2.OTListIt.txt and Extra.txt

Let me know how things went.

#3 sundavis

sundavis

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,708 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:11 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

Edited by sundavis, 28 March 2012 - 05:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users