Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

....has encountered a problem and needs to close

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Headhurts

Headhurts

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

running xp

Hi

Wondering if anyone can help
I have been trying many times to load a program called 'family tree maker 2010' but even though it appears to have loaded when it comes to launching it the message comes back that it has encountered a problem and needs to close.
Im not very computer minded but tried a variety of things. first i uninstalled the program from add and remove programms eand turned off my avg and tried loading it again but nothing. I tried again uninstalling and checking for any files i could see with the family tre maker name and also Avanquest - i even tried logging in under a new user. ive run spyware checks and they seem to be all clear.
I took the disc to a family members house and it loaded first time!
i did look under look in the event viewer folder>applications and found that an lots of red crossed saying Error > .NET runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
can anybody offer any ideas on what to try

many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

What is the Event ID number associated with the Event Viewer log of .NET runtime 2.0 Error Reporting

That information will help us narrow down the possibilities of what my be causing your issue.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Headhurts

Headhurts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

Event ID 5000

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

Most of the Event ID 5000's are pretty generic in nature and don't help narrow down much.

The easiest thing to do, since most of the time this is due to corrupted .NET files is do a repair on the .Net Framework files. If that doesn't help then try uninstalling and reinstalling the .Net Framework application.

With that said, you'll need your OS install media:

How to repair an existing installation of the.NET Framework

If you give me the version of .Net Framework and OS you're using, I can add the manual uninstall/reinstall instructions.

Beyond that I'm not very strong with .Net Framework troubleshooting. Maybe someone else has another idea?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users