Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NOTASTEPPERYET

NOTASTEPPERYET

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit...and having problems with my computer. I did a complete virus scan with Microsoft Security Essentials and it didn't find anything..I also downloaded and ran SpyBot and it also didn't find anything. Yet my computer is acting strange. If I click on start then restart the computer will start to shut down and a screen pops up saying logging off and then it just hangs there. I have to push the restart button on the tower to get it to restart. I also have a screen saver that is not kicking in and running and the computer will not go into sleep mode. I did a check disc that took a while to run but the screen flashed on and off so quick that I couldn't tell if there was bad sectors on my hard drive or not. Where can I find the information from ckdsk??

This morning when I go up the computer was on with no screen saver running and my desktop had totally changed to windows classic.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
CarinSharon

I am running Win 7 home and my computer is doing same. I also run Ad-aware, Mcafee, and Spybot not one thing was found. I keep getting this SECURITY WARNING: "you have requested an encyted page that contains some unencryted information that you see or enter on this page cuould easily be read by a third party. Why?
2nd question when I use IE 9 and go into yahoo.com I get an script error message "DO YOU WANT TO RUN THIS SCRIPT" I do not understand this at all. Please help me.

Edited by hamluis, 20 March 2012 - 11:18 AM.
PM sent new OP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users