Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bleeping computer does not start

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EddieMcg

EddieMcg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

Hi can anyone help please. I have a Medion MD 8088 (PC MT6) serial number 11169010060342 with a Micro Star motherboard MS-7048. It is running XP home addition.
My computer was continually running through a boot cycle without starting up, after reading a few forums I opened it up and cleaned it out. Whilst doing this I managed to damage the CPU (intel pentium 4, 3ghz/512/800) (SL6WK) which I have replaced with one off E-bay. My computer turns on but I get a long beeping noise then a gap then the same long beeping noise. This just goes in a loop, there is no display on the screen. I have pulled the memory and the video card as suggested in the forums and made sure they are back in properly but I still get the same problem. Can anyone HELP!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

Hi, It is very easy to bend pins on the CPU.
Other thought is that the CPU you got is defective or not compatible. Is it the same as the old one?

Cheers
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 EddieMcg

EddieMcg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

Hi Roger, I managed to break one of the pins in the old CPU and got a replacement. It is the same as the one that came out apart from the amount of capacitors in the middle. I checked the Intel web sight and the chip was released in both formats but is interchangable.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

They may not be interchangeable unless MSI says it will work with the BIOS version you have.

For instance if this is your old one pentium 4, 3ghz/512/800) (SL6WK) and you replaced it a Pentium 4 3Ghz/1M/800 that would be a different chip.

If your motherboard only supported Northwood P4s and you install Prescott P4 it won't work.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users