Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

video driver not detected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 corneto_20

corneto_20

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:04 AM

Hi Guys,

I am not sure if I can still fix this but I am trying not to lost hope here. This started when I upgrade my professional XP to windows7 Ultimate. I was able to use it for at least 3 months with no issue but then my computer crashed. I decided not to use windows7 anymore and then installed back my XP professional but even I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the XP os, my computer tends to use the generic driver of the video card. It will not detect now my monitor driver as well. I still have all th cd drivers but my computer always tells me it can't locate the driver. Should I replace or buy a new video card or is it my monitor driver that is damaged?

Thanks....

"I'll gotten gains never prosper".

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:55 AM

Hi Guys,

I am not sure if I can still fix this but I am trying not to lost hope here. This started when I upgrade my professional XP to windows7 Ultimate. I was able to use it for at least 3 months with no issue but then my computer crashed. I decided not to use windows7 anymore and then installed back my XP professional but even I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the XP os, my computer tends to use the generic driver of the video card. It will not detect now my monitor driver as well. I still have all th cd drivers but my computer always tells me it can't locate the driver. Should I replace or buy a new video card or is it my monitor driver that is damaged?

Thanks....

"I'll gotten gains never prosper".

the manufacturer of the video device[if its onboard then the maker of the motherboard .] is the best place to look for the proper driver .lets get some info ,using speccy

Use Speccy to provide details of your computer's configuration.

Download, http://209.62.107.107/speccy/download/standard , install, and run.
After Speccy has finished gathering information, click File > Publish Snapshot.
Click Yes. A web address will be displayed.
Click Copy to Clipboard and paste it in your next post.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users