Hello and Welcome to Bleeping Computer!!
My name is Gringo
and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.
I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us1.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!
doing so will only at best cause you unneeded worry as it finds our backups and may even list our tools
and at worst can cause conficts with our tools and lead to unforseen things to happen2.Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.
besides the time it takes me to open the reports it makes it harder to find something if I need to go back to do more research and putting them in code boxes just makes them so hard to read3. After each step give me a little feedback
It does not need to be long but just something so I know how things are going it can be something like
I am still getting redirected
The computer is running as it should
Don't put things like - it is the same as before
or still the same
this just makes me go back and look for you last feedback as to how things are4. read every post completely before doing anything
Pay special attention to the Notes**
I have put in
These are things I have found that happen allot and can be taken care of easily just by reading the Notes**
Click on the Watch Topic
Button and select Immediate Notification
and click on proceed
, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Backup any files that cannot be replaced
If you have not done it yet spend a few minutes to backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this may save you and me allot of grief later.
You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.
you may want to backup the whole harddrive there is some good info in the Preparation Guide
on how to make full backups and how to restore it back if something goes wrong. Read the tutorial and print it out so you will know what to do in case the unforeseen happens.
When you have the files backed up you may do the following.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger:
- Please download DeFogger to your desktop.
Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
- The application window will appear
- Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers
- Click Yes to continue
- A 'Finished!' message will appear
- Click OK
- DeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OK
re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:
information and logs:
- Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop
Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.
- Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.
- Shortly after two logs will appear:
- A window will open instructing you save & post the logs
- Save the logs to a convenient place such as your desktop
- Copy the contents of both logs & post in your next reply
- In your next post I need the following
- .logs from DDS
- let me know of any problems you may have had