Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vbalGrid error, no taskbar, no cut and paste.....this list goes on

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tsaali

Tsaali

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to look at this. I'm having a problem. My anti virus program said it found some problems. I did a scan with it and it found some stuff. I removed the problems and shut my computer down and went home. That was Saturday. I came back Monday and had a BSOD of 0x000006b. I ended up just trying to reinstall windows and when I did that it magically fixed something and XP came back up and I could log in. Now I can't run MalwareBytes or see my taskbar or any open programs unless I do the Ctrl + Alt + Del. Anyway. I can't cut, copy or paste either. I know other things have come up but those are the main ones. Oh, and when I do try and run MalwareBytes I get the error message "runtime error 372" Then, Failed to load control "vbalGrid" from vbalsgrid.ocx. Your version of vbalsgrid.ocx may be out dated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application". I have the newest MalwareBytes. Anyway. That is the best way I can explain for now...Let me know what you want from me!! Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

Hello, for your desktop.....

Please run SFC (System File Checker)
Please run System File Checker sfc /scannow... For more information on this tool see How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files

NOTE for Vista/WIN 7 users..The command needs to be run from an Elevated Command Prompt.Click Start, type cmd into the Start/Search box,
right-click cmd.exe in the list above and select 'Run as Administrator'

You will need your operating system CD handy.

Open Windows Task Manager....by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

Then click File.. then New Task(Run)

In the box that opens type sfc /scannow ......There is a space between c and /

Click OK
Let it run and insert the CD when asked.

For MBAM...

Download MSFT Visual Basic from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9EF9BF70-DFE1-42A1-A4C8-39718C7E381D&displaylang=en

Instructions

Before starting the download, create a download directory on your computer. If your internet connection is less than 300K, it is recommended that you run the multi-part download by following the "More Information" link at the upper right, then clicking "Download Now."

Click "Download" to begin downloading the single download. When prompted by the download software, choose the option "Save this program to disk" and click OK. Then select the directory you created on your computer.

Run the file from the download directory. When prompted, select the same directory you created on your computer. You will be expanding the contents of the EXE into this directory.

Run SetupSP6.exe from the download directory. When you accept the terms of the electronic End User License Agreement (EULA) the setup software will replace the appropriate files in your Visual Basic 6.0 installation.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Tsaali

Tsaali
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

Ok, I did as I was asked but nothing changed. The Visual Basic gave an error message saying, Visual Basic 6 service pack 6 setup was not completed successfully. I did try and restart my computer after the SFC, but still received the same message. Any other ideas?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

Unhide.exe

Once the program has been downloaded, double-click on the Unhide.exe icon on your desktop and allow the program to run.

I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
  • Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on Posted Image to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check Posted Image and check Remove found threats
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    • Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, push Posted Image
  • Push Posted Image, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Push Posted Image

NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Tsaali

Tsaali
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

sorry for the slow response.. I ended up just reformatting my hard drive and installing windows 7. I couldn't even reload windows after my last post. Thanks for the help though!!

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Not an unwise decision to make. In some instances an infection may have caused so much damage to your system that it cannot be completely cleaned or repaired. Wiping your drive, reformatting, and performing a clean install of the OS or doing a factory restore removes everything and is the safest action.

Thanks for the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users