Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it not a good Idea ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

Is it a good idea for big guys like adobe, that send you updates that sometimes seem confusing to persons like myself who are not really deep into PC tech, and have questions, . . that these "big guys when you ask for details before downloading an update, . .

and send you to a page like this ;

http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

That they don't provide you with a little, Personal PC search to find out what you have, and what you need and don't need.

or am I missing a point somewhere, . . I don't get it ?

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

its just an update for adobe acrobat, you probably have it and have automatic updates set. Its a safe program.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

Thanks Patriot, appreciated, . .However, .

That very well maybe, . . however it isn't actually an answer to my question on the topic, . . which is, in other words, . .

Should users be provided with personal PC search programs by the big guys as a convenience in providing users with selective information on demand ?

(I would think they can afford it.)

Edited by Jove, 19 March 2012 - 11:49 PM.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

I guess Im not getting what your asking-if you ask what you need the update for and what the update is, and you get that page, thats about what you need.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

Normally Adobe only releases updates about 3-4 times a year,unless it's a serious security fix so its a good idea to update if you use Adobe Reader.Also you might want to change a setting in preferences of Adobe Reader,by default they have JavaScript enabled,to disable open Adobe Reader click on edit then at the bottom of the menu select preferences then JavaScript and uncheck "Enable Acrobat JavaScript"and click ok,unless you require JavaScript you don't need it enabled,and while your there you can edit your update preferences too. Cheers

Edited by sleepwalker, 26 March 2012 - 12:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users