Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

login message- User Enviroment-

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 626pimp

626pimp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

User Environment-
Windows cannot log into the users profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system.
Detail=incorrect function

Hi my name is Ray, first time posting ever! Anyways been having a problem trying to get rid of this message everytime i log in to windows.
I get that message everytime i log into my user account(admin). Im running windows xp sp3. I recently made changes to my user permissions as i was trying to access one of my user account folders. Prior to that i was running software to help clean up left over junk files that didnt get uninstalled with there programs. Also ran software to help optimize my system ( which i had a feeling would get me in trouble) prior i set a restore point just in case i did something i wasnt suppose to. Upon rebooting after all that is when I started getting the message, once logged in thou i noticed my antivirus software was disabled(avast). Also noticed couldnt run any programs and most services were disabled. I ran chkdsk /r from windows recovery and seemed to get everything back to normal as far as being able to run software and all services were running as they should. At that point i restored all changes i made with software and then proceeded to restore system with restore point. When i rebooted the user environment message still appeared but also noticed windows log in also saying loading user information after inputing my passcode to log in. I was thinking about creating a new user account just to see if by logging in with that user account i would still get the message, not sure if i should? Need help trying to remove message but dont how?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:34 AM

Try creating a new profile as mentioned here: Windows XP Profile problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users