Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unwanted Window At Start Up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Roxanne

Roxanne

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 19 February 2006 - 03:24 PM

I have Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an E Machine with a Celeron processor. I use aol, have McAfee, Zone Alarm and whatever aol offers to block whatever I can. When I turn my computer on, a window for C:\Windows\System 32 comes up. I've cleaned, compressed and defragmented my C Drive. I have deleted old programs and files, I've scanned for virus's and I've made sure my Pop Up Blocker and Zone Alarm have not worked at cross purposes. I've run an Advanced Window Care program for problems and it comes up 0. I've run a program on my registry and cleaned up 20 out of 226 problems for free and have been told not to fool around with the registry so I didn't do the rest. I don't know what else to do. All my cleaning has given me increased start up speed but I still get the C:\Windows\System 32 window. Can any body help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 19 February 2006 - 03:44 PM

Welcome to BC Roxanne

Click Here to open Kelly's Korner. Scroll down to line 260 and in the right-hand column, click on "System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot" to download a small .vbs file.

Once it's downloaded, run it according to the directions at the top of the Kelly's Korner page.

Let me know what happens :thumbsup:

David

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 03:55 PM

Dear David, I received the message "script cannot repair issue." I also got a message from zone alarm but told it to allow the action. Do you have a Plan B?

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 05:02 PM

Dear David, I gave up and purchased a registry cleaner and the screen is gone. Thanks for your help. I will save Kelly's Corner for future problems. Roxanne

#5 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:03 PM

Sorry that you had to resort to purchasing a program but i'm glad you got it fixed.
David :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users