* How to take as screenshot from a running .avi video (Windows Mediaplayer) *
If you want to capture a screenshot from an .avi video playing in Windows Mediaplayer, you'll notice that it's not as simple as it sounds. Just pausing the video and taking a screenshot using
But it is possible this way:
- Pause the Windows Mediaplayer on the frame you want to capture, by using the pause button
- Select in the menu of the mediaplayer "Tools" > "Options"
- Click tab "Performance"
- In the "Video acceleration" area, move the slider to turn down or turn off video acceleration
- Click button "Apply"
- Then take the screenshot with your screencapture-tool or
- Afterwards, move the slider back to "Full"
(*) In this mini-guide by acklan, you can read more about how to take a screen shot:
How To Capture And Edit A Screen Shot