Which tool identified a Ramnit infection? Unfortunately in most cases of Ramnit, the only way forward is to reformat the PC and reinstall; Ramnit is a file infector that is incredibly hard to eradicate completely once it's taken hold. We'll confirm the infection first, and how infected the machine is, but be aware a full reformat and reinstall could be needed.
I also note that you have a modified/cracked version of Windows 7 running: Microsoft Windows 7 Alienware 2010
This isn't a legitimate version of Windows, as such the help we can provide you is limited. Due to the OS installed, and the type of infection reported, I would recommend a full reformat and the installation of a legitimate version of Windows 7. If you do not have a legitimate version, and don't wish to buy one, there are plenty of free Linux OS versions out there.
If you wish to continue, we'll verify the type of infection on the machine first.
Please go to here
to run an online scannner from ESET.
- Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
- Click Start
- When asked, allow the activex control to install
- Click Start
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked, and the option Scan unwanted applications is checked
- Click on Advanced Settings and ensure these options are ticked:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Click Scan
- Wait for the scan to finish
- If any threats were found, click the 'List of found threats' , then click Export to text file....
- Save it to your desktop, then please copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.