Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello from the southern seas

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kiwitoothfairy

kiwitoothfairy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:21 AM

Hi I am afraid I am a bit of a computing neanderthal so think I have posted my intro in the wrong area-oops! But am so thankful for finding your site after having spent the last 72 hours stumbling around trying to remove a nasty piece of malware - searchnu 406 from my wifes laptop and at lunchtime today I think I achieved it but havent the foggiest idea of how I achieved it. I look forward to the wonderful help you are going to be. Thank you for going to this effort for people such as my self at the far flung reaches of the world :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:47 AM

No Neanderthal you; you posted your introduction in the right place. If you are not sure that you have gotten rid of the virus, please don't hesitate to post about what is continuing to happen to your computer in the AM I INFECTED? Forum.
Welcome to the BC community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users