Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 crashes with BSOD on sleep resume?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bomblast

bomblast

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

I am using windows 7 ultimate and facing great problem. Whenever I put my PC to sleep, on resuming it crashes giving a blue screen of death message. I am never able to put my PC on sleep which quite inconvenient. Actually my video card does not support windows 7 aero or there are no WDDM drivers available for my card which is ATI RADEON 9250.Please help with problem. I am ready to upload any crash minidump files or any other log files. Also tell me if any WDDM drivers are there for my video card as I am not able to get them anywhere. Is this video card the only reason for the problem and is there any way apart from buying a new card to solve the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:17 AM

Try using ATI Omega drivers: Omega drivers for ATI graphic cards

If they don't work, then you'll have to buy a new video card which supports Windows 7.

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

Do not sleep or suspend. Just let windows turn off the monitor.

That card is way old for Windows 7. First thing I would do is replace it if affordable.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#4 bomblast

bomblast
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:12 AM

Isn't there some another way as the only driver I see in the error message is " ati2mtag.sys ". Please try to help out. Is the video card the only problem?

#5 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:35 AM

Isn't there some another way as the only driver I see in the error message is " ati2mtag.sys ". Please try to help out. Is the video card the only problem?

"ati2mtag.sys" is the ATI miniport driver which controls access to the hardware. You can try and stop the service by clicking the Start button, then type: services.msc in the Search field at the bottom of the menu and run the link when it appears. Find ATI in the Services menu, double click the one which loads that file and then choose "Disable". Restart and then see what happens.

Your display may revert to the generic VGA mode in which case the screen will display as 800x600 and everything will extremely large. If that happens, you'll have to re-enable the service again.

Avoid putting your machine into sleep mode and shut it down instead to see if that improves things.

If there's no money in the bank to buy a new gaming video card, just buy a cheap one so that you can use the PC in the meantime. Use the Windows 7 Compatibility site to check which ones are compatible with Windows 7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users