Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Delayed Write Failed, no internet connection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 departingvirtute

departingvirtute

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

Yesterday my HP laptop stopped all applications and started spewing error messages stating "Delayed Write Failed, Failed to save all the components for the file \\System32\\0000036d8. The file is corrupted or unreadable. This error may be caused by a PC hardware problem." After these messages stopped popping up, I went into my documents folder and everything was gone - programs, files, even my internet browser has disappeared. Oddly enough, Windows Live Messenger is the ONLY program that still functions.

I'm running Windows 7, and the Windows system check scanned my computer automatically after this originally occurred. It says that drive C:\ is unreadable, RAM memory speed decreased significantly and may cause a system failure, Hard drive does not correspond to system requests, Damaged hard drive clusters detected and private data is at risk, Hard drive rotational speed exceeds system limits and may cause a system failure, Boot sector of the hard drive is damaged, Hard drive space less than technical limits, and, this one made me laugh, RAM exceeds temperature limits at 83 degrees Celsius.

I've read other posts here regarding similar issues, but because I don't have access to the internet on the damaged laptop, I can't use the methods prescribed. Any ideas on what I should do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

What kind of hard drive?

#3 departingvirtute

departingvirtute
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

It's a WD Scorpio Blue - WD7500BPVT

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

Can you download the Data Life Guard Tools from there and run the diagnostics?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users