Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio troubles with PS3

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NJTSuperKing

NJTSuperKing

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

Okay first I'll describe the set up I have and the get into the problem I'm having.

Set up: I have an Asus monitor that is connected to my computer with a VGI cable I also have the monitor connected to my PS3 with an HDMI cable. Lastly I have a Logitech speaker system connected to my monitor through the audio jack.

Problem: Up until early last night this set up was working fine. I was able to get sound through my speakers for either my PS3 or my Computer depending on which input I had my monitor set for. Then out of no where the speakers would only work for my PS3 while when they were connected to the monitor, but when I switched to DVI for my computer to play music, no sound at all. Now the only way I can get sound for my computer is if I plug the speakers into the audio jack in the back of my tower, so it's very inconvenient having to plug my speakers into different jacks to get sound for each device when I want to use it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could have the speakers plugged into the monitor and have them work for both devices?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users