Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Was I infected?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 azx

azx

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Alright so, before my reinstall yesterday, when I was playing counter strike source at 1920x1080 at lowest settings, I got around 40 FPS, and kept getting lag spikes to around 12 FPS. How ever, I reformatted my computer yesterday and reinstalled everything, but now I can play counter strike source at 1920x1080 at medium settings with no lag what so ever, probably a steady 80 FPS.

So I was wondering if my computer was infected before my reformat. I know you can't really give a direct answer since we'll never know now, but if you were to guess, what would you say? I'm worrying because I bought something off Amazon before my reformat and had to enter credit card information.

PC Specs:
2.80 ghz dual core
GTX 560 Ti
5GB DDR2 RAM
Vista 64bit

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

I know you can't really give a direct answer since we'll never know now

You are correct...there is not enough information to make an informed assessment and guessing would be guessing.

Since you're not sure and you use your machine for financial transaction, then change all your passwords as a precaution. If using a router, change its password too.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users