Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[Firmware] Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AzureSkyy

AzureSkyy

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

Event Viewer has been reporting limited processor speed due to inferior firmware on all processors.

Running Win7-Ult and CPUs are 4x Intel i5 2.4's, got the laptop from Cyberpower PC; think it was manufactured by Asus.

Have to run, let me know what other information would be required.

Weak response trends on the boards here, but this forum was good to me in the past.

Thanks all. You're fantastic human beings.
~H.-

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:47 AM

See this article: Event 37: The speed of processor # in group # is being limited by system firmware

#3 AzureSkyy

AzureSkyy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

"Make sure you have installed all latest drivers and firmware, especially for your motherboard and CPU."

Am a fairly competent and intelligent person, knew that this had to be done, but am no longer savvy enough to know where to look for these components or which ones are the most relevant. School took over the time I used to use to keep current with the tech world about 5 years ago. I know enough to change BIOS and power settings, install firm, soft, and hardware on my own.

Power settings have been maxed out, were maxed before. Check.

The best way to assist would be to list which firmware components would be relevant to update, and then where to update them.

I understand that the Where likely depends on specifics of the components themselves. For example, which system utility can tell me the maker and model of my motherboard? Are there any special things that you could tell me about searching for such things that might not be obvious to others?

Thankyou for responding.
~H.-

#4 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

...which system utility can tell me the maker and model of my motherboard?

Start | Run, type: msinfo32 and click OK. If you can't see "Run" on the start menu, hit Windows logo key + R.

Did you click the "Details" tab shown in your screenshot? There might be a clue in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users