Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

plugin-container.exe Halts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Trakeen

Trakeen

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

So I'm using the latest version of Firefox and Flash player, and for some reason the plugin-container will lock up in certain situations.

If I play quake through quakelive.com and exit a match, at any time, the plugin locks up, have to open task manager and kill the process.

If I'm on youtube, foxnews, or any other place using flash for video, and navigate away from the site, or select a different video it locks up.

Now this only happens the first time I try to leave a page or exit a game. Once I kill the process and bring the page / game up it all runs perfectly fine no matter what video I click on, new page I go to, or play 10 - 20 games.

It happens no matter how much memory the plugin is using as well. it could be 15,000kb or 235,000kb.

Not really sure how to troubleshoot a problem like this, so any advice would be welcome.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Disable plugin-container.exe and see if it makes any difference.

http://techdows.com/2010/07/how-to-disable-plugin-container-exe-process-of-firefox.html

#3 Trakeen

Trakeen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

Thanks for the tip. Was worried disabling it would disable flash, but now it works perfectly fine.

#4 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

You're welcome :). I've had it disabled since Mozilla first introduced it, in FF 3.6.4 I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users