Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

INTERNET SECURITY 2012

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 computerbonehead

computerbonehead

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hello,

As the title probably let you know I've been having issues with the Internet Security 2012 rogue anti-virus spyware. Anyway I followed the steps to remove it and check your computer for infections, I downloaded TDSS Killer without any trouble, ran it, then RKill, no problem. Then when it got to Malwarebytes I ran into an issue right when it looked like it was all over, I was able to do I complete scan, and it located all of the problems, founds trojans and cookies, and gave me the option to remove them, I selected that I wanted to delete them. I saw the bar making progress... but halfway through this process the computer froze, and it clearly wasn't working, I couldn't minimize or enlarge the program, it just stayed still. I opened a task manager, and it told me it was not responding. I tried everything I could thing of and had no choice eventually but to restart the computer. I did that, and when it reloaded I did a quick scan, hoping that perhaps everything had been taken off before the program stopped running correctly. But I still found errors, less errors, about only half. I wasn't sure if that meant it had already started taking off some of the errors, but when the program was froze it didn't get the rest, or if they were all there, but perhaps because it wasn't as thorough of a scan this time it didn't pick up all the errors.... so instead stopping and just deleting those, I just did another long tedious full scan just to be sure. At the end of that process it reflected the same number of errors as the short scan, so evidently many had been deleted successfully earlier. So I tried to remove the remaining programs it had selected... but as soon as I did this the computer froze all over again. It was 4:00 am in the morning by them, so I gave up turned the computer off and am starting fresh today. I have a feeling that if I do this again the program will stop running again. So I'm trying to learn how this might be prevented. Could it be the rogue spyware doing this, trying to stop it as a self-defensive move? Also I was running the computer in a safemode with networking last night so that I could download the programs I needed, where as I couldn't do that if I started the computer normally, because the spyware wasn't letting me open any files or the internet at all, falsely claiming that program was infected with a blasterworm. But should I take it out the safemode now that its downloaded, perhaps its reducing the performance of the computer too greatly? Also perhaps the scan is in conflict with other programs on my computer, I have McAfee installed for one and other windows security settings in place. *sigh* I just don't know where to start? It might be something totally different as well... anyway ideas what should I do? I'm going crazy here :crazy:

Thanks,

Edit: Moved topic from AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dev00790

dev00790

Bleeping Chocoholic

• Members
  • 5,037 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

Hello,

Step 1

Download Security Check by screen317 from here.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

----------------

Step 2

Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.
  • Make sure the following options are checked:
    • Internet Services
    • Windows Firewall
    • System Restore
    • Security Center/Action Center
    • Windows Update
    • Windows Defender
  • Press "Scan".
  • It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

----------------

Step 3

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/ to your desktop.

• Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes'
    Anti-Malware
    and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
  • Post the log back here.

Be sure to restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

----------------

Step 4

Download aswMBR to your desktop.
  • Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.
  • If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".
  • Click the "Scan" button to start scan.
  • On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.
NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

Regards, dev00790

---------------------------------------

Marge: "Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday." Homer: "Woo-hoo! Four-day weekend!"I do not reply to Private Messages (PMs) asking for assistance - please use the forums instead. If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 48 hours please send me a PM. My Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users