Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Celsius to Fahrenheit converter

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

The American people uses often fahrenheit, we Europeans ask us often, when we see for example, 73 degrees fahrenheit, how much is that in celsius, so I was looking on Internet and found the converter.

http://www.lenntech.nl/calculatoren/temperatuur/temperatuur.htm

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,096 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

You can use Google search, too. Start typing 73 degrees and before you finish typing
degrees it already offers you an answer for fahrenheit to celsius. That's fast!
That's in the USA.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,840 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

Google convert works for many conversions. Fahrenheit to Celsius, Feet to Centimeters, Gallons to Liters and on and on.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

If Windows is your OS, you could use Josh Madison's Convert For Windows.

#5 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:43 AM

You can use Google search, too.

Yup i was just gonna say that....

Entering "73F to C" produces excellent results :)

EDIT:

Thought i would mention it works in Yahoo,Bing also......

Edited by 4dude, 19 March 2012 - 06:43 AM.

#6 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

Wat maakt het uit, dat ik die link naar het converteer programma neergezet heb?.
Het is voor de mensen makkelijker om meteen het programma'tje te hebben dan eerst te moeten Googelen.
Dus met alle respect mensen, ik snap jullie opmerkingen naar mijn link toe, niet zo.

I'm so sorry that I did this in Dutch, I thought, I am here on Bleeping Computer and I doing all the times that I am here, my best with writing in English, now for one time in my own language.
I promise that the next time that I post here, that I do that in English.

#7 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 964 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

The American people uses often fahrenheit, we Europeans ask us often, when we see for example, 73 degrees fahrenheit, how much is that in celsius, so I was looking on Internet and found the converter.

http://www.lenntech.nl/calculatoren/temperatuur/temperatuur.htm

One problem with that web-based program is the acceptance of any value less than 0 Kelvin. Anything less than the equivalent of 0 Kelvin needs to be rejected.

#8 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:16 AM

One problem with that web-based program is the acceptance of any value less than 0 Kelvin. Anything less than the equivalent of 0 Kelvin needs to be rejected.

People are not perfect, software would be make by people, so, software are not perfect too.
That there is maybe a fault in the software, is possible.
Note to the others:

You find my link to the converter not a good idea, you find that people can find the value of the temperature via Google, the most humans maintaining ease of, so I find my link not bad.
Personally would I entering the value in the program and I got than the value in celsius, than that I must to do that, what you told.
I don't your comments on my tip.

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,840 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

I don't think that others adding their comments here was necessarily a rejection of your suggestion. I know that my comment was to illustrate that there are other ways to accomplish the same thing. I feel fairly confident that others were trying to do the same.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#10 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

Don't worry Animal, i know that you does it very mean good.
I find only, that it is not necessary that when someone post a link to a program in this rubric, because the person think that he does it good with that, that other people place their remarks, because they find it nonsense that the other to do that.
Also find I that this topic is not for discussion, because we are here in Trick and Tips.
When people will start a discussion about this, move this topic than to General Discussion, maybe is that a good thing, when you doing this, because this topic can be interessing.

I'm so sorry that I gave a reply with words were you thought that I am angry for your replies.
I was only a little irritated then I saw the replies.
At the moment, Animal, then I saw the replies thought I: Jesus why doing I this for, put I there for my energy in this,check it out, will you.
But that does not mean that I am angry, when I am angry, than people will see that, my handling is than else.
When will I be angry? That is one someone hurts me express.
So guys, this problem is out the World.
See you.

#11 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:32 AM

its not even that, their just offering suggestions on the same line for multiple ways of doing it. Different people like doing things differently, and want to know multiple options, and its easier to have all the suggestions in one thread, then a dozen different thread each with a different way to convert celsius to fahrenheit. not to mention it doesn't look very good and takes longer to select all of them, its easier and faster to read it all in one place.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#12 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:42 AM

You have right, the Patriot.
Sometimes have I days that I don't know how is that possible, but I have than lesser days and than I don't understand some things.
What can I do now, well I can only say that I am in sorry that I am not perfect, maybe have I age perils.
So sorry folk that I was little irritated.

#13 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

not a problem, we all have those days.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#14 PhotoAce

PhotoAce

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:09 AM

I learned this at school, more years ago than I care to remember.. C = 5/9(F-32)

And F = 9/5C + 32

Edited by PhotoAce, 20 April 2015 - 12:12 AM.

#15 PanickyD

PanickyD

• Members
  • 343 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:54 PM

Just to add my two cents worth... We use Online Conversion all the time at work for torque, volume, weight, and distance. A fast, ad-free site with hundreds of conversions available.

After the game, the King and the Pawn go into the same box...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users