Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 carinsharon

carinsharon

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit...and having problems with my computer. I did a complete virus scan with Microsoft Security Essentials and it didn't find anything..I also downloaded and ran SpyBot and it also didn't find anything. Yet my computer is acting strange. If I click on start then restart the computer will start to shut down and a screen pops up saying logging off and then it just hangs there. I have to push the restart button on the tower to get it to restart. I also have a screen saver that is not kicking in and running and the computer will not go into sleep mode. I did a check disc that took a while to run but the screen flashed on and off so quick that I couldn't tell if there was bad sectors on my hard drive or not. Where can I find the information from ckdsk??

This morning when I go up the computer was on with no screen saver running and my desktop had totally changed to windows classic.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
CarinSharon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

Sounds to me like a graphics card issue. What I suggest you do is to go to Control Panel and then to Device Manager. Then do the following.

• Click the "+" sign to the left of "Display Adapter" and then right click the name of the device and choose "Uninstall" and confirm when you see the prompt.
  • Next, right click the name of the computer at the top of the tree of devices and choose "Scan For Hardware Changes". This will reinstall the display adapter.
  • Close Device Manager and then see if it makes any difference.
If you don't see any improvement, check to see if there are new drivers available for the graphics card.

As regards your second question, a script is a set of instructions which will perform some function or other on a web page. Unfortunately, there's no clue as to what exactly that will be.

I would advise you to switch to another browser, either Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox. I'd recommend Firefox since I use it myself and you can enhance Firefox in more ways that you can with Google Chrome. See this article: Mozilla Firefox features You can download Firefox from the same page (green button top left).

Edited by hamluis, 20 March 2012 - 11:17 AM.
Removed quote.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users