Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to Ping anything

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Spracks

Spracks

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:29 AM

Hello all,

I have been trying to fix several issues with my computer that were leftover from a virus I had several months ago, and in that process I discovered that I am unable to ping anything, I get a request timeout for anything that I try. The odd part is that my internet seems to be working fine, I can access any site that I want, with the exception of the Steam store, which is what sent me down this path in the first place. This isn't a huge issue since everything seems to be functioning fine, but I am concerned it reflects a larger problem with my computer that I don't know about. Any ideas what is causing this?

Some background: I fixed the previous virus pretty much at the same time as I was getting deployed overseas with the Army. So it could be an issue left over from the virus, or it could be an issue with changing the Internet service to something used in a foreign country half-way around the world (we get free wireless internet over here).

-Spracks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users