Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor turning off and on

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 meepugh

meepugh

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

So for the past couple of months my monitor Acer AL2216W has been repeatedly turning off and on, until I would unplug and plug it back in enough that it would work (this took about 10 minutes). If I turned off the monitor for long periods of time, and turned it back on, it would keep turning off and on and off and on. Now it won't even turn on, what happens is that the light on it turns off and on, but not the screen, like it usually does. I REALLY need some help with this, since I don't want to throw that monitor away. My graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT, but I am not sure that has a lot to do with it, I feel like it might be something wrong the the power supply, but I have changed the power cord multiple times. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hi, Simple tests

Take to monitor and hook it up to another computer and see if it works.
Hook up a different monitor and see if it works.

My guess is a hardware failure in the monitor. The only way to tell which one is the problem is doing the simple tests above.

You say you changed the power cord multiple times. Does the power cord have the AC Adapter in it or is it just a straight wire?

Normally I would expect the problem you are describing to be bad capacitors inside of the power supply inside of the monitor.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users