Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

L2 Cache error?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kev25v6

kev25v6

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

I have a computer that keeps randomly crashing with 11 beeps showing a L2 Cache error. What can I do to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

Hi,

http://support.gateway.com/s/tutorials/Tu_949704.shtml

Systems with the AMI BIOS use 11 short beeps to report an L2 cache error detected at boot time

This link has some suggestions for troubleshooting L2 cache errors.

If it truly is a L2 cache problem try going into the Bios setup and disabling the CPU L2 cache if it has the function and then test.
If the system works OK but slowly with the L2 cache disabled then you need to replace the CPU since the L2 is on the CPU itself.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 kev25v6

kev25v6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

Will look at.that thanks. computer is still under warranty, the cpu might be covered for replacement.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hi, If it is under warranty, then the CPU being hardware is of course covered.

Things that are not covered are usually things like Physical Damage, Software (Viruses).

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users