Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus and anti-malware software choice.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Barraman

Barraman

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:31 AM

I have Norton iNTERNET sECURITY which came with the computer and the honeymoon perid of free service has come to an end. I also used the free period of malwarebytes

My other computer was infected by a rootkit thing which is something I am still working on (with help)., I am trying to avoid haveing to go through all that again.
Ive had a reads through the tutorials on selecting virus software etc etc.
My question is :

what antivirus and anti malware programs work best together. I am running vista on the "damaged computer and windows 7 64 bit on the new computer/ or should I just subscribe to Norton?

Edited by Barraman, 17 March 2012 - 01:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

Microsoft Security Essentials
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO
WOT (Web of Trust)
Windows Firewall

The above all work well together, and will give pretty solid protection. All are free, with the exception of a modest one time fee for MBAM Pro.

If you're happy with Norton, and don't mind the yearly fees, then by all means stick with it. Norton is as good as any other security suite out there.

See also: Best Practices for Safe Computing - Prevention

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users