Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

abnow.com Google Chrome Redirect

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DNSD99

DNSD99

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

I have a redirect virus that occurs only on my computer within a network. No other computers on the network have the problem. I Can click on a link from any site (Google, Yahoo, Bing) and will 90% of the time be redirected to abnow.com. (Or a variant of the site)

If I copy the link address (Right click) I can edit out of the link anything before the "www.xxxx.com/xxxx/" and anything after and including &ei.
ex)
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&sqi=2&ved=0CE0QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FThe_Jerry_Springer_Show&ei=qShkT_vdBMibiALV0qijDw&usg=AFQjCNFCeCCilF460BQNv3MML9AFbIWKyA&sig2=W-dUu6PsCKDfFblFTDaUdw

would become:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jerry_Springer_Show

This method will take me DIRECTLY to the site without a redirect.

Clicking on the above link would take me to:
http://abnow.com/?search=jerry%20springer%20show&subid=189&key=dc5a6897067c3adb5a51

What software do I use to connect to internet?
1)Google Chrome (Primary)
2)Firefox (Secondary)

I have attempted to diagnose the source of my problem, whether it is in my computer, or my router. (I Connect via Wifi)
Other computers on my network do not have a redirect problem, it is only My computer.
My computer can connect to another router (Via LAN) and not have any problems.
This redirect occurs on BOTH Mozilla Firefox AND Google Chrome. (I have not tried IE, and do not currently have it installed)

I haven't a clue as to what else I may need to include and what I May have included as nonsense or not.. Please feel free to request any other information as needed.
Thank you for your time and patience!

DNSD99

EDIT: My computer is a Lenovo IBM ThinkPad and runs on OS Windows XP Professional x86 (32bit) version 2002 Service Pack 3

Edited by DNSD99, 17 March 2012 - 01:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:06 AM

Download

TDSSkiller

Launch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file system

Click on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive)

Please download GMER from here(doesnot work on 64 bit OS)

http://www2.gmer.net/download.php

Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.

GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic Full Scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)

If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.
Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.

Download

aswMBR

Launch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitions
Click the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save log

Post the log results here

#3 DNSD99

DNSD99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Okay, My Problem is solved. Have taken it to a computer shop, and they said there may still be a back door, but I Have no important files, This is my play ocmputer. The virus is gone now! Thank you for your help!

Thread close Requested. Thank you!

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for the update.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users