Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

any experiences about alternative uninstallers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

Members often enough discuss or mention Revo Uninstaller. Does anyone have comments about their experiences with some alternatives, specifically Uninstall Manager (Ss-Tools, Inc.), and Free Uninstaller v1.1 (CBS Interactive)? These two are supposed to work in Windows XP and 98.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ET_Explorer_2012

ET_Explorer_2012

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

Hi, CafeJose, I found that Glary Soft Absolute Uninstaller, in my opinion is the best there is.
Better than Revo Uninstaller, Absolute Uninstaller, is exactly what it say, according the website:

Completely Uninstall

The Standard Add/Remove Program often can't uninstall applications completely .It often leave files on the hard drive ,associated desktop icons, Start menu entries and keys in the registry. Big registry and large number of unnecessary files make the system slower and slower. Uninstall Manager can clear them in seconds!

With Revo Uninstaller, it doesn't remove everything, therefore one has to go to the registry editor and manually remove anything related to that program.

Link: http://www.glarysoft.com/products/utilities/absolute-uninstaller/

#3 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

With Revo Uninstaller, it doesn't remove everything, therefore one has to go to the registry editor and manually remove anything related to that program.

Not true. After the apps' uninstall program has run, Revouninstaller displays the list of registry items to be deleted (at users choice) followed by a list of folders and files that can be deleted (at users choice).

In another post in a BC forum, a member quoted Perfect Uninstaller as uninstalling an app that Revouninstaller would not remove. I believe that is payware and I have not used it.

Edited by Nanobyte, 15 October 2012 - 07:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users