Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup Repair is checking your system for problems... loop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 a_tep23

a_tep23

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

Hi, my friend recently got a new Dell Latitude E6420 laptop and he asked me to download some essential for him such as Malwarebytes, CCleaner, and antivirus program. He only had it for one day and there seems to be a serious problem. Upon running a quick scan with Malwarebytes, I found two trojan viruses. I then downloaded Avast antivirus and ran a quick scan and found another virus. I can't remember what it is. Happened all to quickly. I also noticed that when I was on google searching for stuff it would redirect me to some fake bogus site of what I would be searching for. Avast then popped up with a screen saying it blocked a virus and needed to reboot. So I rebooted my friends laptop and I can't seem to reach the login screen. It keeps going to a Startup Repair screen and basically doesn't accomplish anything. It says Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically and click finish to exit. I can't boot into safe mode either. f8 doesn't do nothing at all. f5 brings me to the boot manager, but there isn't any option for safe mode. I ran diagnostics and nothing happened. It pretty much loops into that Startup Repair screen everytime I shut down or restart. I can't login to the laptop. Any help would be appreciated it. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:27 AM

Hello, please start the computer and tap F10 until the Edit Boor Menu screen comes up. Let me know what is listed between the brackets (usually it looks like [/noexecute=optin....]

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users