Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to Access Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drmario23

drmario23

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

Whenever I try to start Windows in safe Mode, it fails to start, and suggests that I run Start Up Repair. I've run Start Up Repair, but that doesn't fix the problem. This only happens when I try to boot up windows in Safe Mode. It starts in normal mode with no problems. I have Vista.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows Startup Programs Database to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:44 AM

From BleepingComputer Tutorials -

•How to boot into Windows Safe Mode - Added instructions for Vista
Please be sure that these are the directons that you are using for Safe Mode -

Thank You -

#3 Paul21

Paul21

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

Whenever I try to start Windows in safe Mode, it fails to start, and suggests that I run Start Up Repair. I've run Start Up Repair, but that doesn't fix the problem. This only happens when I try to boot up windows in Safe Mode. It starts in normal mode with no problems. I have Vista.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows Startup Programs Database to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

When you get logged on, can you click the start menu and type in msconfig. Next, click on a tap that says "BOOT" and select the box that says "Safe Boot" and restart your computer. Hopefully this takes you into Safe mode. Once you are done with what you want to do in safe mode use the same command- "MSCONFIG" and deselect the safe boot selection so you can boot back in standard mode.

#4 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:10 AM

When you get logged on, can you click the start menu and type in msconfig. Next, click on a tap that says "BOOT" and select the box that says "Safe Boot" and restart your computer. Hopefully this takes you into Safe mode. Once you are done with what you want to do in safe mode use the same command- "MSCONFIG" and deselect the safe boot selection so you can boot back in standard mode.

*** DO NOT FOLLOW THE ABOVE ADVICE! ***

If you were to follow that advice, you would not be able to start in Safe Mode, and nor would you be able to start Windows normally: You would not be able to start Windows at all!
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users