Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Im Not Allowed To View This Forum Error Message

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_desertjon_*

Guest_desertjon_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

I cannot view links sent to me..Im getting an error message saying Im not allowed to view a topic about Avira ????

Edited by desertjon, 16 March 2012 - 01:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

What topics in particular?

#3 Guest_desertjon_*

Guest_desertjon_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

I posted Avira Error Message...and Elise sent me a link for Avira and when I click on the link it tells me Im not allowed to view the topic

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

Can you please post the link.

#5 Guest_desertjon_*

Guest_desertjon_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

Posted Today, 03:34 AM

Where do you see that?

Personally I'd go for Avira first. The download link: http://download.cnet.com/Avira-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-10322935.html?part=dl-&subj=dl&tag=button

regards, Elise

#6 Guest_desertjon_*

Guest_desertjon_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Earlier this evening I had to report an abusive member and was contacted by the staff saying it was in review by the staff..and now Im getting these error messages when I try to ask for help

#7 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,917 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

That was an error of mine. I accidentally posted in the wrong topic, and in order to rectify that mistake and move the post in the correct topic I made it temporarily invisible, which may have caused the errors you mentioned. My apologies for the confusion.

Link to topic in question: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic446505.html

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#8 Guest_desertjon_*

Guest_desertjon_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

Thanks for clearing that up..I thought I was being punished for reporting an incident earlier :)

#9 Guest_desertjon_*

Guest_desertjon_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

I think the best thing for me to do is leave this forum..Im beginning to feel uncomfortable..There have been too many messages back and forth and nothing has been solved and its just not worth the stress

#10 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 60,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

I am sorry you feel that way, but to be honest, you add to the confusion yourself by posting the same thing in multiple topics, instead of sticking to one topic/one subject. By doing this, different people will answer to different topics, without knowing about the other topics you started that discussed similar subjects. As a result you may find that different people will give you similar replies (they are not aware you already received a similar reply in another topic).

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

#11 Guest_desertjon_*

Guest_desertjon_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

My apologies but Im a little paranoid about some things..I do need to find out why Im blocked by the staff from viewing a topic and private messaging..I havent done anything wrong..All I did was report a very rude member..Thanks

#12 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,722 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

I do need to find out why Im blocked by the staff from viewing a topic and private messaging..

Elise explained why you were not able to see a topic in her post #7. It was a temporary moderating error she corrected as soon as she was aware of it. As for sending a PM you're still able to do that, unless someone chooses to not accept PM's. That is a personal choice of the person you are sending to. Which we have zero control over whether members accept PM's or not. Staff however will always accept PM's. You do need to be sure you have the correct members name in the addressee box.

You do however need to understand that posting multiple questions about the same topic across several forums will generate negative comments. Please confine your questions to a single location. You're welcome to ask as many questions as you like but only in one forum at a time. This was also explained to you by Elise.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#13 Guest_desertjon_*

Guest_desertjon_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

I began getting the error messages before she came into the picture..The error messages started after hamlouis contacted me to tell me the reporting incident was in staff review..and Im still getting the error message regarding private messages and still being blocked...As for the multiple posting..my spologies because I havent quite figured out how to navigate here after signing on a few days ago..All of this posting back and forth about one incident has made this forum ugly and unenjoyable..I suggest you have more patience with new members and stop blocking someone who reports an abusive member making me the victim..This is my final post on this forum..Im going where new members are treated like people..Youre on a power trip is all this amounts to..Computer geeks tend to let it go to their heads they know a little bit about pc's

#14 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 60,917 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:52 AM

You can see your topics by clicking the My Content link in the drop-down menu next to your profile picture (top-right corner). This is a direct link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&mid=768439

As you can see if you'd take the time to actually look back at the various topics you started, you have received assistance in all cases. The issue you reported was taken care of, but it seems you can't let go of it. The PM issue was explained to you by Animal, I have also said you can send me a test PM to see if everything works as it should on your part.

If, after all that, you still feel you're not comfortable here and want to leave, then that is up to you, but it is unfair to accuse the staff here for being on a power trip. If you'd have taken the time to look around, you'd see that the majority of our members actually appreciate what we're trying to do for them.

regards, Elise

#15 Guest_desertjon_*

Guest_desertjon_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

Delete my account..I don't feel comfortable in your forum..and by the way I still got the PM error message just now..Have a good day

[#10226] You are not allowed to use the private messaging system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users