Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Finally Registering.........

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jarnkm

jarnkm

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:26 AM

In the "How did I get my name" question....I mentioned 18 months. It obviously couldn't have been much more that a year. Oh well, that's life....I guess. When you get older and CRS creeps in, time flies whether you're having fun or not. Regardless of the time....I've found a lot of informative information here. I guess the reason that I didn't register was......the lack of personal knowledge.....when it comes to computers. I've been an auto mechanic and shop owner most of my life. I always enjoyed trying to help people but, it bothered me for someone to ask me a question that was answered on the third page of their operators manual. WHY, because they were too stupid or interested to take it out of the sealed container to learn about their article (car, truck,....even home computer). Buying a used "junker" I am determined to fix it myself. I'm now 63, disabled, "forcibly" retired, still slowly restoring a VW and enjoying the computer. SO.....I'll be glad to exchange good advice on the early aircooled VWs for good advice on this computer.

Hope I didn't waist too much time. Have a Great Year?

Jim
Alabama

P.S. You won't see any "Smilies", etc. or a "neat" signature here. I used too much time as it is.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:09 PM

Posted Image jarnkm
Glad to see that you finally got to register Posted Image Oh well.... as you can see, with me you do get smiley's :thumbsup: it's good that we're all different.
No doubt there's someone here who would like some info on VW's.... at least now they know were to go. :flowers:
It's good to see you here.

BBPP6nz.png

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 03:26 PM

I don't miss smilies! So you are not alone about that.
Don't be a stranger around the boards, and welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:25 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! jarnkm.
Glad to have you aboard. :flowers:

Good Luck,
yano :trumpet: