Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:55 AM
Ok, maybe somebody can give us more help or clues what we can do... ill post here what weve tried and done
Original system specs:
- CPU: Intel I7 Socket 2011 -> Watercooled Corsair H100
- MBO: MSI X79A-GD65 (8D)
- RAM: G.Skill F3 DDR3 16GB
- HDD: 2x Corsair Force SATA 3 CSSD-F60GB3A-BK (Raid-0)
- VGA: 2x EVGA GTX580 SLI
- PSU: 1250W OCZ
Under this setup the pc had freezes when gaming, so it came back to us... we tried many different things, ending up in a freeze again... the freeze is in games... sometimes under windows too...
- Replaced SSD's by Normal 500GB WD Caviars.
*tried Raid 0... Same problem
*Tried Raid 1... Same problem
*Tried AHCI ... Same problem...
*IDE mode... Same problem
Above steps using different ports... Same problem...
- We have taken the Videocards out, and tested them one by one... same problem
*Replaced with ATI compareable cards... Same problem...
- We have replaced the RAM by 16GB patriot . no help either...
*Tried one ram module... tested with every module... fail...
Only thing we have not tried is mainboard or CPU, though, these are to expensive at this time for trying that out... although they are tested with several programs and seem to work correctly...
The watercooling works well as it is placed in a Coolermaster HAF-X
All installations tested with Win7Pro 64bit.
Current systems: CM STACKER Custom PC / MSI CX 620 / ACER Z5751 Touchscreen
Current role: PC Technician @ Computrac Belgium - Specialisation: Hardware.