Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Control of Music Player?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Curious Mew

Curious Mew

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

I'm not really sure where else i could ask this question, but because BC has usually been able to help me in the past, here i go!

So i have owned this old surround sound system and have decided to set it up in my bathroom. The subwoofer i've got in there makes this bathroom bounce! haha :woot:

Okay, so i've got music running into the receiver from my laptop, which is located in my bedroom (used a long piece of RCA cable). I like to create music playlists on my computer, but there's no way for me to press the forward or backward button in the media player from my bathroom. Is there a wireless device that would help me control my music player from my bathroom?

I own a wireless mouse, and while it would do the job under certain circumstances, the mouse pointer must always be sitting on either the forward button, or the backwards button, i can't exactly see or choose between either or.

This whole thing might sound ridiculous to an outsider, but i think its AWESOME!! Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

Water and electrical circuits don't mix very well. Touching any electrical component which isn't properly earthed while standing in a pool of water can be life threatening. If you're not a qualified electrical engineer, then either hire one, or forget the whole idea (if you value your life that is...).

#3 Curious Mew

Curious Mew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:29 AM

Water and electrical circuits don't mix very well. Touching any electrical component which isn't properly earthed while standing in a pool of water can be life threatening. If you're not a qualified electrical engineer, then either hire one, or forget the whole idea (if you value your life that is...).

Wow, that was quite possibly the most unhelpful thing I've ever seen. Everyone knows it only becomes an electrical danger when a plugged in electrical piece of equipment is literally thrown into a pool of water. My parents and I have had plenty of electronics in a bathroom before, and we're still breathing.

Edited by Curious Mew, 17 March 2012 - 01:32 AM.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

I own a wireless mouse, and while it would do the job under certain circumstances, the mouse pointer must always be sitting on either the forward button, or the backwards button, i can't exactly see or choose between either or.

Hi -
You have already isolated the one problem -
Unless you can setup the play list first, and just be happy with that, then I see very little chance of altering it mid play -

You can select your lists and pre-program them to run, but I see very little chance of altering them -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users