Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hotmail help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 YesImOtto

YesImOtto

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:47 AM

Hi people!

I have a question. My hotmail just got hacked.....and basically now I got to account then security info.

In security info, I try to change the mobile number and the alternate email address....because they are not mine!!!(Scary)

In the alternate email, yes I have 1 more that is mine. But the other one is not even mine, and same goes with the mobile number.

If I try to delete the mob number, it will ask to send an email....which means to both my other account and the weird one that probably belongs to a hacker.

If I try to delete the weird email address, the same thing...it asks for emails to be sent to that email account, or choose a number that is also not mine...

Does Hotmail have no way of fixing this issue? If I go ahead and change the password, it will be sent to that weird email...I cannot do anything.

So, what can I do to delete the 1 weird alternate address and change mobile number without having the emails sent to that weird one?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:43 AM

Edit: Deleted unnecessary quote, to be more dialup friendly, and reduce forum post clutter. ~ Animal

You can change your hotmail password easily enough and it doesn't get sent anywhere. Follow steps illustrated on this site: How to change your hotmail password

You can also create an alternative email addy at gmail.com, yahoo.com or any of the many others you can find on the web. If you want a secure email addy, open a free a/c at http://www.hushmail.com/ which encrypts all communications.

#3 YesImOtto

YesImOtto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

Yes, I know how to change password. Perhaps I did not make it clear.

My problem is this.

My hotmail was recently hacked. You know the email recovery thing where you put backup email addresses? There are 2 of them, 1 belongs to me, and the other is something I dont even know. I am guessing this other one belongs to the hacker.

So basically if I lose my Hotmail password, the recovery process will be sent to my other email, and his, thus allowing him to go to the link given by hotmail and reset password.

What I am trying to do is delete his email and phoen number from the email recovery thing, so that when I lose my hotmail password, I can tell hotmail to send it to the backup email, which in this case, will be only mine left.

However, when I try to delete his email in the email recovery, it seems hotmail insists to send it to him and me...so basically he will know that I am trying to get rid of this email recovery address and phone number...that is my problem.

Hope someone can help. Thanks you

#4 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

Edit: Deleted unnecessary quote, to be more dialup friendly, and reduce forum post clutter. ~ Animal

See this Windows Live support article: Account Compromise - Unauthorized Account Access

#5 YesImOtto

YesImOtto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

No....that does not solve my problem but I appreciate the help.

Is there any way to contact Hotmail directly?

#6 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:45 AM

Not to my knowledge, but maybe you can post your questions on one of the Hotmail forums: http://www.windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users