Did you set up this proxy in firefox yourself?
FF - prefs.js: network.proxy.http_port - 8080
Please run the following:
Copy/paste the text inside the Codebox below into notepad:
- Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before following the steps below.
- They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
Here's how to do that:
Click Start > Run
This will open an empty notepad file:Copy
all the text inside of the code box
- Press Ctrl+C
(or right click on the highlighted section and choose 'copy')
the copied text into the open notepad - press CTRL+V
(or right click and choose 'paste')
Save this file to your desktop, Save this as "CFScript"
Here's how to do that:
2.Click Save As
... Change the directory to your desktop
3.Change the Save as type
to "All Files";
4.Type in the file name: CFScript
5.Click Save ...
CAUTION: Do not
- Referring to the screenshot above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe.
- ComboFix may request an update; please allow it.
- ComboFix will now run a scan on your system. It may reboot your system when it finishes. This is normal.
- When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
- Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.
mouse-click ComboFix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.**Note**
When CF finishes running, the ComboFix log will open along with a message box--do not be alarmed. With the above script, ComboFix will capture files to submit for analysis.
- Ensure you are connected to the internet and click OK on the message box.
Please download TDSSKiller.zip
- Extract it to your desktop
- Double click TDSSKiller.exe
- when the window opens, click on Change Parameters
- under ”Additional options”, put a check mark in the box next to “Detect TDLFS File System”
- click OK
- Press Start Scan
- As we are only looking for a log of what is on the machine right now > choose to skip whatever is found
- Then click Continue > Reboot now
- Copy and paste the log in your next reply
- A copy of the log will be saved automatically to the root of the drive (typically C:\)
How is the computer running now?
Are there any outstanding issues?