Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Virus Removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mrzub

mrzub

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hi There. I read in other forums to download ComboFix and run it to remove a Virus/Worm that runs Audio Ads when browsing using IE or Firefox....Well, of course I didn't read ahead yet to where it said not to "run" ComboFix until I posted something here (hey, I'm rusty on this stuff)....

So, I ran ComboFix and have a log file....I ran AVG, Malwarebytes, and SpeedyPcPro....I fixed all the threats that were found but I am obviously still getting this problem. In addition, it seems as though the computer's overall speed is lacking along with the Audio Ad Virus Thing...

So, please help me and tell me where to go from here. I appreciate it!

Mario

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

Since you have a CF log...

Follow the instructions at Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html .

Once you have prepared the requested logs, initiate a post in the Malware Removal Logs forum (linked to in the Prep Guide) and also include your CF log as part of that initial post.

Once that is done, someone in the MRL forum will guide you as to subsequent steps :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users